What is gazpacho? Gazpacho is a tomato based soup, served cold. The ingredients used vary from culture to culture, with tomato as the main ingredient followed by onions, peppers, herbs, etc. Not only can the ingredients in gazpacho vary, but the ending texture as well, depending on whether the dish was pureed using a blender or traditionally mashed. This sweet and savory Watermelon Gazpacho is a summer twist on traditional gazpacho, made with juicy watermelon and Watermelon Raspberry WANU!
Yield: 4 Servings
- 5 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped green peppers
- ½-1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup Watermelon Raspberry WANU
- 2 tsp chopped jalapeno
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 cup finely chopped seedless Watermelon, for garnish
- Puree the first 11 ingredients (I used my NutriBullet to create a smooth texture!)
- Adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the finely chopped watermelon at serving time.
What’s your favorite gazpacho recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
Teresa & WANU