Acai bowls are all the craze right now! For all of you newbies, the proper pronunciation for Acai is “Ah-Sigh-EE.” And if you’re looking for something healthy, refreshing, and filling, an Acai bowl is for you. Acai is a purple berry fruit from South America and has a very unique taste, commonly described as a cross between a raspberry and a blackberry. Besides the delicious taste, these berries are also packed with antioxidants, amino acids, and protein. Try our Superfood Acai Bowl made with Watermelon Raspberry WANU for an extra kick of nutrients.
Superfood Acai Bowl
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tablespoons acai powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup Watermelon Raspberry WANU
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp honey, to taste
- Fresh fruit sliced (we used kiwi and bananas)
- Chia seeds
- Slivered almonds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, almond milk, WANU, nut or seed butter, and honey to a blender.
- Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. Aim for a frozen yogurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie).
- Then spoon the acai mixture into a bowl and top with sliced fruit, chia seeds, slivered almonds, granola, and coconut flakes.
What are your favorite acai bowl toppings? Let us know in the comments below.
Teresa & WANU