This recipe, inspired by The Healthy Foodie, offers a grain-free peachy twist on your morning oatmeal! We combined quinoa, almond milk, shredded coconut, Peach Passion wanu water, vanilla whey protein powder + fresh peaches to make the perfect and totally guilt-free oatmeal. It may not “technically” be oatmeal, but it satisfies the craving and then some! Whether you’re enjoying breakfast in bed on a lazy Sunday or need a snack to get you through the day, this recipe provides the perfect little bowl of deliciousness.
Peaches and Quinoa “Oatmeal”
Yield: 1-2 Servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 peach, peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vanilla flavored whey protein
- 2 tbsp Peach Passion wanu
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse quinoa under running water until it no longer “foams” and water runs clear.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan. Add almond milk and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add coconut, peach, and vanilla extract. Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dilute whey protein in 2 tbsp of Peach Passion wanu. Stir that into warm cereal and transfer to serving bowl(s).
- Feel free to garnish with coconut cream or fat free Greek plain yogurt, peach slices and toasted coconut shavings, as desired.
What’s your favorite type of breakfast in bed? Let us know in the comments below.