Power through your Thanksgiving prep + early Holiday shopping with these delicious, no bake pumpkin oatmeal energy balls by, Bless This Mess. This easy recipe can be improvised to your own preferences with toppings like chocolate chips, nuts and shaved coconut. Make ahead + pair with your favorite wanu, for the perfect grab + go snack packed with fiber + protein this busy Holiday season.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter or other nut or sun butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup quality honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, add 1 and 1/2 cups oats, peanut butter, pumpkin, chia seeds, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir to combine well. You want the mixture to be soft but not too sticky. If you pick up a generous spoonful, you should be able to roll it into a ball and only make a minimal mess (it should stick together when rolled but still feel tacky on your hands). Depending on the type of oats you used (old-fashioned or quick oats), you made need to add up to a half cup more oats and stir until you reach the desired consistency. Again, it’s OK if it’s a little sticky because the oats will absorb some of the moisture after a little time passes, but unworkable sticky isn’t the goal.
- When the mixture is workable, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Scoop a large spoonful into your hand and roll into balls. Repeat with remaining dough. Keep these in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for much longer.
Jackie + Team wanu